Each month I keep a list of thoughts, ideas, opinions, and insights that I come across and find interesting. From this list I’ve selected 5 to share with you:
- “A society grows great when old men (people) plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in”. – Greek Proverb
- “It’s hard to build momentum if you’re dividing your attention.” – James Clear (Newsletter on April 20th)
- “What am I saying “No” to by saying “Yes” to this?” – Source
- “You were not born into the circumstances you deserved, but as you get older, you only get closer and closer to live exactly the life you deserve.” – Source
- “The rise of social media as the primary form is social interaction changed the way that we judge people. We once used to judge people mostly based on their deeds, but in the age of social media we judge people mostly based on their words and opinions because that’s really all we see of them. Since we’re defined by our opinions, there is a pressure to have an opinion on everything. Problem is, people generally don’t have the time or the will to research everything they are expected to have an opinion on, so they copy the opinions of others. And the result of this is that there are precious few original thinkers. In this way, the culture war is largely two armies of NPCs being ventriloquised by a handful of actual thinkers.” @G_S_Bhogal
Let me know which thought you enjoyed the most this month.
Plant some trees both metaphorically and literally.
I appreciate you.